The 2016 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este details are starting to be released as the annual three-day celebration of historic cars and motorcycles returns to Cernobbio on the banks of Lake Como. The event is hosted by BMW Group Classic and the Villa d’Este luxury hotel.
It stands out as a concours d’elegance by not only being held in a beautiful location, but also by the relatively small but highly desirable field of entrants selected each year. And alongside some of the most beautiful classic and historic vehicles int he world will be the presentation of new concept cars and prototypes to meet the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2016 motto “Back to the future – the journey continues”.
A committee of international judges is already looking over ever car and motorcycle hoping to be at the event, and six of the nine competition classes have been decided as:
- Pre-war decadence – Flights of automotive fantasy
- Pre-war supercars – The fast and the flamboyant
- Cars of the stars – From the silver screen to the studio lot
- Rally cars – Heroes of the special stage, 1955 – 1985
- Daring to be different – Designs that pushed the envelope
- “Sur mesure et haute couture” – “One-offs for the connoisseur”
A public vote will be held alongside the committee awards, with several special prizes. And the Concorso di Motociclette will pause at the Historic Car Parade at Villa d’Este on day 2 before finally arriving in the parkland of Villa Erba in Cernobbio for two-wheeled judging.
The 2016 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este will run from May 20-22nd, 2016.
In the meantime, check out